Reminder here that unless you plan the action you are going to take why manage, ingest and analyse data?
That's why so many BI and Analytics technologies are only partial solutions.
They are standalone, not geared to helping TAKE action, and not embedded in work flows, process and enterprise applications.
Follow the links and test your capabilities to:-
- Embed analytics in workflows & enterprise apps
- Exploit location data and turn this into location intelligence
- Incorporate decision-making and predictive analytics
- Structured & Unstructured
- Internal & External
- Cloud & On-Premise
- Big & Small
Finally use the Business Analytics Maturity Model to test your position and help plan your BI strategy
9) Turn data into decisions The purpose of data analytics is to prescribe an actionable insight to the decision-maker. Executives must be prepared to act upon the data’s results once available in order to capitalise on the opportunities presented. Without action on the part of the decision-maker, data remains just that—data.