AI, Machine Learning & Predictive Analytics- can they help mitigate these risks? Business and other plans all impacted by these 10 ( and other risks).
This where predictive forecasting needs the human touch and a rigorous process.
Black Swan outcomes are not for algorithms but on the other hand neither do we need experts (or the opposite) with cognitive bias.
We need forecasters and leaders with teams that apply structured problem solving and analytics capabilities.
Looking at our current/coming political leaders how would you rate them?
- President Elect Donald J Trump?
- Chancellor Angela Merkel?
- President Xi Jinping?
- Prime Minister Teresa May?
- President Vladimir Putin?
- President Recep TayyipErdoğan?
- President Jacob Zuma?
- President Jean-Claude Junker?
- President Hassan Rouhani?
- King Salman
Food for thought!
4. A Pause in Economic Progress Don’t expect a surge in needed economic reforms in 2017. Some leaders, like India’s Modi and Mexico’s Pena Nieto, have accomplished as much as they can for now. In France and Germany, reform will wait until after coming elections, and China faces an all-consuming leadership transition in the fall. Turkey’s Erdogan, Britain’s May, and South Africa’s Zuma are fully occupied at the moment with domestic political challenges. In Brazil, Nigeria, and Saudi Arabia, ambitious plans will advance but fall short of what’s needed.